- Do not eat or drink for 6 hours before your appointment. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in your treatment being cancelled and rescheduled.
- Take your regular medicines as you normally would, including the morning of the infusion unless instructed otherwise by the physician(s) of Lone Star Infusion or their associates to whom the physician(s) may assign responsibilities.
- You may wear comfortable street clothes during the treatment. You may wish to bring a blanket or comfortable sweater.
- We suggest that you bring your favorite calming music and headphones.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled treatment time.
- Recovery before being released to go home usually lasts at least 20 minutes after a 1-hour infusion, and for 4-hour infusions about 2 hours.
- Payment is due at the time of treatment.
- No-Show or Late Cancellations place an extra burden on the staff and other patients of Lone Star Infusion. You must give 24 hour notice of a cancellation by email or text and if we do not receive a notice are subject to a cancellation fee equally to the price of treatment.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home and for someone to stay with you throughout the 24 hours following a treatment. You should not drive a car, operate machinery or make any legal decision for the 24 hours (unless Nitrous Oxide was used and no IV medications were administered and then after a 30 minute "wash out" period).
- You should not use any recreational drugs or alcohol for the next 24 hours.
- (For nitrous oxide patients: take B12 daily for 2 weeks after each treatment).